ADVERTISEMENT ADMINISTRATION/FINANCE COORDINATOR
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the worldwide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit Administration/Finance Coordinator to be based Garowe.
1) SUNPLUS Processing
2) Donor Reports
3) Field Office Training & Support
· Acting as the primary liaison for the field office finance staff for policy or procedure questions
· By frequent visits to the other field offices providing training to finance staff on ADRA accounting procedures and requirements, assists the program staff in finance related issues and activities.
· In conjunction with the Finance Manager/Director developing or revising policy and procedures and assists in the implementation.
4) Internal Audit-Field Offices
· Internal audit activities as required by the Finance Manager/Director
· Reviews of controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
· c) Preparation of written reports for review by the Finance Manager/Director which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
§ Assist in representing the organization in various issues dealing with the community
§ Execute approved field travels as approved by the Project Managers.
§ Finance staff in performance evaluation at the field level.
§ Ensure proper documentations monthly payments of bills, contracts, rent and field salaries.
§ Ensure that vouchers are sent to Garowe office on time.
§ Assist in following up with reconciliations of cash with local money transfer agents.
§ Safe custody of the safe keys.
§ Project reconciliation.
§ Prepare reports for submission..
§ Timely submission of reports.
§ Preparation of staff salaries.
§ Collection of timesheets and vouchers for onward delivery to Gaorowe office.
§ Ensure that all the project finance documents (cash receipts, expense reports) are forwarded to Garowe as needed.
§ Liaison with government departments to ensure renew of registration certifications and organize meetings between relevant governments departments and project donors. This should be done in close collaboration with the Programs Staff.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Finance with 7 years’ experience. Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage. Experience working with INGO. The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resumé with salary expectation via e-mail not later than 23rd September 2022 to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’