Plan international has opened an office in Somalia/Somaliland and has started programmes that focuses on child protection, education and youth economic empowerment programming, working with/through partners and providing technical support to INGOs, Somaliland NGOs and the Government of Somaliland in Plan’s areas of expertise.
Somalia Country Office pursues to build its annual budget portfolio to enable us reach the vulnerable and excluded children, particularly girls every year; with high quality gender transformative programs and influencing work that deliver long lasting benefits. As Such the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying funding opportunities aligned to program and influencing strategic priorities, coordination of writing and submission of winning funding proposal, formation of strategic partnership for fund raising and submission of competitive bid and strengthening systems and processes for effective grant management, management of relationship with Plan National Offices and donors and coordination of donors’ report writing to ensure timely submission of highly quality report.
The Business Development Manager is needed to support the achievement of country fundraising ambition and learning regarding the funding portfolio, while assisting the Country Office in Somalia to build a strong professional image among donors so that additional grant funding is acquired to grow and support Plan’s program in Somalia.
The post holder will report to the Country Director and will be a member of Country Management Team. The Purpose of this role is to lead growth and diversification of the income portfolio for Plan International Somalia in line with the priorities and develop a country resource mobilization strategy. The incumbent will be responsible to expand and diversify the institutional donor portfolio as well as the corporate donor base.
The post holder will work proactively with National Organization (NOs) in Plan Federation, to identify and win appropriate grant awards by ensuring the timely and quality delivery of successful proposals and building the capacity of team members in the development of strong quality proposals.
The post holder will be a member of the Country Leadership Team (CLT) on grants management related country activities. S/he will report directly to the Head of Mission. The post-holder will be based in the Hargeisa office with extensive travel Nairobi, Mogadishu and NOs. S/he will uphold Plan’s Core Values, promote Plan Purpose, programme principles (transparency, gender equality and diversity), to enhance programme impact.
Do you have what it takes?
Knowledge, skills & behaviours:
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training and practical experience on grants acquisition;
- Knowledge of the various donors’ strategic interests, priorities and requirements;
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Proven strategic relationship management skills, including negotiation skills
- Marketing skills
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Ability to maintain strategic vision and link with everyday work
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to influence others
- Proactive, demonstrates record of creativity and entrepreneurship
- Accountability and responsibility for own performance
- Promotes team work and cooperation
- Confident in taking initiative and exploring new opportunities