Africa Educational Trust (AET) is seeking bids from experienced consultants to deliver a high-quality Labour Market Survey to inform our work with youth in Somaliland and Puntland.
Inspiring Somaliland and Puntland Youth through skills training and creation of employment opportunities is a two-year project (9th December 2019 – 8th December 2021) funded by the European Union, VET Toolbox. The project aims to support 400 youth to have increased opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship. The project is being delivered by Africa Educational Trust (AET) in Somaliland and Puntland. The planned project outcomes are:
Purpose of the Labour Market Survey
The purpose of the Labour Market Survey is to identify opportunities for work and self-employment that can be promoted to youth engaged in the project to maximise their chance of successful transition to the labour market.
Required skills and competencies of the evaluator:
· Strong background in vocational training and formal and non-employment market analysis.
· Strong background in utilising qualitative and quantitative research methods
· Experience of working with vulnerable groups
· Experience of using participatory methods
· Experience of conducting research in Africa
· Written and spoken Somali is desirable.
To apply please send a CV, a brief proposal on how you will address the Terms of Reference, costing and a copy of a similar study you have undertaken previously to email@example.com