ACTED JOB OPPORTUNITY
CAMP COORDINATION & CAMP MANAGEMENT SENIOR OFFICER – BURAO
Position: Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Senior Officer
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct hierarchy: CCCM Project Manager.
Starting date:** May 2020
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Senior Officer position in Burao.
II. Position Profile
The CCCM Officer manages the Community Mobilisation Assistants and implement day to day CCCM activities in the sites, under the direct management of the Project Manager, This includes but it is not limited to: coordination with humanitarian partner agencies and site administration; communication and liaison with communities, including capacity building of camp governance; supervising service delivery monitoring and information management for CCCM; support in coordinating infrastructure and maintenance activities, support in distributions.
The CCCM Senior Office is responsible for implementation of project work plan at the area level, under the close supervision of the CCCM Multi Area Project Manager, and ensures regular reporting to the CCCM Multi-area PM and the Technical Coordinator
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration and delivering of services in the site
- Liaising with Sub National clusters (particularly CCCM, Shelter, Protection)
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level. Support to partners to achieve agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality.
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and advocating through the appropriate mechanism for achieving agreed minimum standards and service delivery quality
- Supporting HLP activities and engaging in negotiations with gatekeepers, land owners and local authorities to ensure proper formal land tenure agreement are in place and risk of eviction is minimized
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability
- Establishing community governance and representation committees and strengthening the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Organizing regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Overseeing mobilization activities conducted by assistant/outreach workers or community members/representatives and supporting community mobilisation of partner agencies, as needed
- Overseeing of and support to ACTED Communication with Communities (CwC) activities, including but limited to outreach activities and information campaigns
- Support the establishment of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Once established, overseeing operation of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM), including data management and referrals
- Training & coaching of camp committees, partner agencies & site team on CCCM and CCCM related topic
Infrastructure and site maintenance
- Participating regular assessment of site infrastructure and physical service delivery in the camp (e.g. drainage, roads, water supply, community infrastructure)
- Supporting CCCM Engineer in preparing plans for site works, and overseeing implementation by site infrastructure team/contractors as needed
- Considering environmental impacts of infrastructure works from planning to implementation and taking all the necessary measures to mitigate the impacts as much as possible
- Overseeing data collection for information management activities & information sharing with partners and stakeholders to improve coordination & liaising with the Database Assistant for data analysis and reporting
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms and CCCM Activities
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camp
- Coordinating assistance to vulnerable individuals at camp events with protection partners and other humanitarian agencies (like distribution, registration, etc)
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
- Ensuring that all site maintenance and infrastructure and shelter interventions are carried out through a vulnerability lens and whenever site maintenance or shelter activities are implemented, always consider accessibility to infrastructure and inclusion of people with specific needs
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
- Attending/Organising regular staff coordination meetings
- Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency & coordination of activities in the site
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to Site Manager and the Technical Coordinator
- Timely submission of weekly report, information products and updated databases as requested by the line manager
- Timely submission of internal reports (weekly, monthly and ad hoc donor reporting)
- Timely submission of cluster reports
- Day to day supervision of CCCM team at the area level, with the support of the Multi Area PM
- Ensure CCCM staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s camp Code of Conduct
- Support to Area Coordinator, the Multi Area PM and the Technical Coordinator in identifying areas for improvement and developing site strategy
- Supporting AME activities during monitoring and evaluation activities of project implementation & addressing recommendation of AME department to enhance effectiveness of project activities & maximize impacts
- Supporting the Multi Area PM in updating the PMF to capture project implementation progresses
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner if requested by the line manager
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Support the line manager in reviewing the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts
- Support the line manager in forecasting monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
- Supervise recruitment of enumerators when needed for data collection
- Train Enumerators
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon request of the Site Manager
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager.
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
How to apply
I. Application Procedure:
Qualified Somali nationals with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 05th May, 2020 with the subject line “CCCM SENIOR OFFICER – BURAO”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.