Number of positions: Two (2)
Reporting to: Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager
Duty Station: Eyl
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of Position
In collaboration with program manager, the cash distribution supervisor will monitor the implementation of the cash grant project. He/she will closely follow up the cash intervention activities thus, will participate and implement identification of the grant beneficiaries, verification and registration. Will do reporting on weekly, bi-weekly and monthly and will share the success stories and achievement reports with line manager.
· Conduct mobilization, verification and registration of beneficiaries from project target areas and ensure the communities are aware of project interventions.
· Conduct routine sensitization on identified beneficiaries to register based on the criteria specified by the project and report to program manager.
· Ensure project implementation as defined by project manager to ensure the successful coordination of project activities.
· Ensure beneficiaries registration as per project guidelines and principles.
· Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations from target project villages.
· Apply all the project follow-up tools and project monitoring
· Ensure project progress and provide regular updates to the program manager.
· Coordinate activities and increase engagement of local authorities and village committees to discuss project deliverables.
· Represent the organization at cluster meetings (CWG/FSCs) within project areas/district.
· Ensure transparent, gender consideration in the selection of village relief committees.
· Support the smooth implementation of project activities and coordinate with other team members.
· In liaison with village development committees, ensure communities are well aware of the Action Against Hunger activities, the selection of beneficiaries and the follow up process.
· Ensure beneficiaries receive their entitlements as of the plan by providing all necessary documentation and reports.
· Supervise the beneficiary registration and distribution times to ensure the work is in progress and report accordingly.
· Create a transparent environment, the cash supervisor will list down contact details of village committees to ensure whether the activities are on track and respond wherever needed.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
· Diploma in Social Studies or Community Development + 3 years professional experience or Bachelor in social sciences +2 years’ experience
· Previous experience in implementing similar projects an added advantage
Required Skills & Competencies.
· Have strong background on cash related interventions (CFW/UCT/FV/CV)
· Have deep understanding and experience in community mobilization exercises to smoothly coordinate project activities.
· Have worked with similar projects funded by FAO and have knowledge on how to conduct biometric beneficiary registration and the use of FMTs.
· Have strong report writing skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative
· Good supervisory and organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of written and spoken English,Understanding of the local language is a must
Proficient in MS Suites including Excel, MS Word