DT Global seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded civic engagement activity in Somalia.
The availability of this role is contingent upon the project award of the project and donor funding. Should you wish to be considered for this opportunity please submit a resume for consideration.
- Lead management and technical implementation of the project;
- Provide overall administrative leadership and ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program objectives;
- Serves as primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, private sector firms, educational institutions, local and regional partners, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and DT Global policies and procedures;
- Ensure coherence, consistency, quality and timely delivery of contract deliverables and results;
- Lead annual work planning process, supervise workplan implementation and manage progress towards project objectives;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and ensure that interventions accurately and professionally reflect project objectives.Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in international development, conflict resolution, international affairs, economic development, or a related field preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and implementing development projects of similar size and scope, preferably in a conflict or post-conflict environment;
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations and political organizations to improve the environment for inclusive civic engagement and education, and in building the capacity of national and local government to create transparent and accountable political processes;
- Demonstrated experience liaising effectively with host country government officials;
- Prior experience working with internationally donor funded programs, USAID strongly preferred;
- Prior experience implementing programs in Somalia or East Africa preferred;
- Experience with remote management in security-challenged environments strongly preferred;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Fluency in English required; Arabic fluency strongly preferred.Core Competencies:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
How to apply
CV’s and cover letters should be submitted via the following link: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=URSAU…