|CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
IOM is seeking an experienced Child Care Assistant in the DDR female transition centre in Kismayo.
The position will work within the Federal Government of Somalia’s National Programme for the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants to provide care for the children of female beneficiaries, while their parents are engaged in rehabilitation services. The Child Care Assistant will ensure that the basic needs of children are met to include care and supervision, feeding, changing, play, and learning activities.
This position will be under the administrative oversight of the Female Centre Manager, with technical oversight from relevant technical leads in IOM. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by International Organization for Migration and the government partner.
The childcare provider will work full time as per Somalia Labour Laws, performing the below duties and responsibilities:
- The childcare worker will be responsible for looking after the well-being of the centre’s children, including their safety while in the centre.
- Maintain the childcare room in the female centre and ensure room is clean and safe for young children.
- Ensure childcare supplies, including food and diapers, are available and communicate with centre management about any item that needs to be replenished
- Create a schedule for the childcare room including play time, reading time and mealtimes
- Establish age appropriate recreational activities for children
- Following the centre’s policies, keep up with the children’s schedules, observe activities, be organized, and keep up with the cleanliness duties.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities appropriate to the position.
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Experience of working in the South West State of Somalia’s regions is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in child safety codes.
- Experience in building children’s self-esteem.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge and Understanding:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel safe and comfortable.
- Design and administer various experiences and organized activities appropriate for children such as crafts, indoor and outdoor games, songs, and storytelling.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Ensure children are always supervised.
- Recognizes cultural norms, values, and trends.
- Treats and calls upon others to treat individuals fairly and equally.
- Uses information, skills, experiences gleaned to improve practice.