– Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as International Development, Political Science, Public Administration, or Public Policy or Diploma in Education.
– Experience of working in the South West State of Somalia’s regions is highly preferred.
– At least 2 years of experience in teaching.
– Previous experience working with youth at risk & or the return & reintegration at risk groups a considerable advantage.
– Must be able to teach adults with low literacy rate.
– Must have a solid knowledge of Somali history & preferably have a humanities background.
– Experience developing & implementing community based learning projects.
– Excellent organisational, analytical, oral & written communications skills, with keen attention to interpersonal skills & effective communication.
– Must be fluent in Somali, Maay & English.
Values: All IOM staff members must abide by & demonstrate these 3 values:
– Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – Behavioural indicators level 3:
– Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
– Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Managerial competencies – Behavioural indicators level 3:
– Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organisation’s vision, assists others to realise & develop their potential.
– Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
– Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realise the organisation’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.