About the Job
The communication Officer contributes to the design, planning and implementation of communication projects and activities. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and to build the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders in Somalia.
This is a resident/national position based in Kismayo.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Under the supervision of Communication/Prevention delegate, defines communication and prevention objectives, strategies and action plans in line with the priorities under his/her area of responsibility
· Develops tools for public and operational communication, community engagement, and the promotion of international humanitarian law (IHL)
· Contributes to information analysis/environmental scanning
· Represents the ICRC to various audiences, maintains contact and communicates with different interlocutors in the field
· Supports the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) in communication activities
· Supports communication related training/coaching for staff of field structures and other departments
· Interprets/translates from English/Somali to Somali /English in support of communication programs
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Communication, English, Political science, International relations, Journalism
· 3 years’ work experience in public communication and/or field operational communication
· Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL)/ International Human Rights Law (IHRL) is an asset
· Good knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Somalia
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Excellent command of Somali and English language
· Computer proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with digital communication tools
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
· Training and development opportunities
A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 21st June 2020. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.*