OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM Shelter/NFI program currently implements projects focused at in-kind distributions as well as Cash Based Interventions. The program also maintains the common supply pipeline for cluster partners.
In this context, IOM is in the process of establishing a complaints and response mechanism to better serve beneficiaries and collect feedback on in-kind and cash based interventions. The CRM Assistant based in Mogadishu will be directly responsible for maintaining a complaints log and provide feedback to beneficiaries. The position will directly report to the M&E officer under the overall guidance of Shelter/NFI Program Manager
To be advised
§ Bachelor’s degree in or High Diploma, preferable in development studies, social science, economics or a related field.
§ Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Social Development experience.
§ Minimum of 4 year of experience in Africa (essential).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Other relevant information:
To be Advised
Interested candidates should create a profile and apply on CTG careers website through the below link:
Please refer to the vacancy number: VAC-3133. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.