Overview of position
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from the administrative manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from the program technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) and other staff. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by IOM and the government partner. IOM will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration in close collaboration with SWSS Ministry of Internal Security.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the role include:
Basic Computer Literacy and Graphic Design Teaching
- Design and deliver a basic computer literacy and graphic design curriculum based on student needs and learning level. To include:
- Computer Literacy
- Introduction to computers (Microsoft) and internet use (Google)
- Introduction to typing
- Introduction to Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OutLook)
- Graphic Design
- Digital illustration (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Web design
- Image manipulation
- Digital illustration
- Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, and practice exercises for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
- Develop hands on activities to help students learn technology and access it in a variety of ways and promote computer literacy through both one-on-one and group engagement, adapting resources to ensure all students are able to make progress.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment and provide additional assistance to students with particular learning needs and abilities; instruct in a manner that develops students’ confidence and their abilities; integrate a variety of teaching strategies and curriculum content
- Provide access to information resources through efficient and well guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources and provide assistance to students in the effective use of these systems.
- Ensure that the day to day administration of the information centre/library is efficient and that systems, resources and equipment are well maintained.
- Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance; assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of students.
- Work with social workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly and student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals;
- Establish rapport/trust with students;
- Give explanations, reasonable and appropriate assignments, and directions clearly;
- Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process;
- Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.
As per the TOR
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
As per the TOR
- Certificate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Graphic Design or related discipline.
- Higher degree or recognized professional qualification (preferred)
- Experience of working in the SWSS regions is highly preferred
- Exceptional computer skills
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office suite and Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Practical and theoretical understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies
- Understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives and file storage
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
- Previous experience working with youth at risk and or the return and reintegration at risk groups a considerable advantage.
- Video and sound editing
How to apply
Interested candidates please apply through the below link: