Consultancy for online-based training of teachers and head teachers on School related Gender based violence(SGBV),child protection( CP) and disaster management in Somalia
ADRA Somalia has sub-contracted Africa Educational Trust (AET) to implement selected activities under the Education Cannot Wait Multi-Year Resilience Program (ECW MYRP) in Jubaland and Galmudug states of Federal Republic of Somalia. The project ,dubbed Support for Emergency Education in Jubaland and Galmudug(SEE-JG) , will focus on Outcome 1: Increasing equitable access to quality primary and ABE education for emergency-affected children, Outcome 2: Improving learning skills for crisis affected children and Outcome 3: Gender equity and equality are increased. AET will collaborate with schools, CECs, MoECHE, and State Ministries of Education, REOs and host communities to target primary age children and out of school youth, especially IDPs and returnee communities promoting equitable educational opportunities for girls and inclusion for children with disabilities. Through engagement with communities, SEE-JG will raise awareness of the importance of education engendering a positive context for community support for children to enter education. SEE-JG project will increase access to Primary Education and ABE through the rehabilitation of existing learning spaces. Teachers and head teachers will be trained in contextually relevant pedagogy, including gender equity and inclusive approaches, improving the quality of teaching and learning outcomes for primary students as well as training in ABE for out of school youth.
The target beneficiaries of this project include 880 ABE students and 100 teachers and head teachers spread across 20 schools in Jubaland and Galmudug states of Federal Republic of Somalia. The project aims to promote inclusive education and children right to education through community mobilization campaigns so that the communities become fully aware of the right of all children to access basic education.
One of the project main activities is to train teachers and head teachers on SRGBV, CP and disaster management
Objective of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the training is to transfer the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to the teachers, to facilitate detection , deterrence and response to issues touching on school related gender based violence and child protection and at the same time respond effectively to occurrence of disasters in their respective schools.
In reference to the scope of work above, the consultant is expected to lead and accomplish the following:
· Inception Report and training plan
· Training course outline and plan
· Consultancy report including a training report that at minimum describes what has been done under the consultancy, provides lessons learned,and makes recommendation on the way forward
Nature of work
The teachers and head teachers will be taught remotely via Zoom for a period of 15 hours spread over 3-5 days. This delivery method will endeavor to promote two-way communication and feedback between the trainer and the trainees
The training will be online -based participatory approach to collect and share knowledge and skills on the above-mentioned topics among the participants. The key methodologies to be used by the trainer include discussion, brain storming, questioning and answering .
Duration of the training
The 15 hours training will be targeting 200 teachers spread across Jubaland and Galmudug states of Somalia . The exact dates of the training will be shared later.
Obligations of AET
- Prepare any logistical and administrative support needed for the training and by the trainer
- Supervise the training proceedings and maintain daily attendance record
- Brief the trainer on the training and its expectations
- Pay the trainer’s facilitation fee
Obligation of the trainer
- Making necessary preparation for smooth running of the training programme
- provide the timetable and methodology for the training to AET prior to start of the training
- Conduct 15 hours of online-based training for 200 teachers spread across Jubaland and Galmudug states of Somalia
- Ensure that the training achieves all the intended outputs as per TOR provided
- Develop and share the training report with AET
Modalities of Payment
The trainer will be contracted for a period of 20 hours including preparation and report writing. The payment will be effected once he/she completes the training, submits the report and the report is approved by AET.
Profile of the trainer
The ideal candidate should have:
· Post-graduate or graduate degree in law, development studies, clinical psychology or related discipline**
· Excellent knowledge of school based gender violence prevention and response programming**
· Excellent technical knowledge on disaster management**
· Good technical knowledge on Child Protection and child rights issues in line with Unicef/INEE standards**
· At least 3 years experience in capacity building activities **
· Previous experience working with a child centered approach**
· Strong understanding of the Somali context **
· Fluency in Somali and English language**
· Strong report writing skill**
Interested consultants who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their expression of interest including proposed work plans, CVs and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference by 21st June 2020 to the HR on: firstname.lastname@example.org**
How to apply
Interested consultants who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their expression of interest including proposed work plans, CVs and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference by 21st June 2020 to the HR on: email@example.com