CESVI is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, operating in the field of international solidarity and development cooperation and carries out studies, research and planning exercises for the promotion and implementation of international cooperation initiatives, emergency, development programmes and human rights. In Somalia, CESVI works in South-Central Somalia in the regions of Mudug, Hiraan, Banadir and Lower Shebelle, operating three bases in Galkacyo, Beletweyne and Mogadishu implementing diverse, cross-cutting and integrated life-saving projects.
1.0 SCOPE OF WORK
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Human Resources Coordinator, the Translator will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
- Translate written policies from English to Somali language and submit the translation in word-processed documents;
- Editing of documents (All texts; including text contained in figures, boxes, captions, sources and covers) from English to local language (Somali)
- Provide high-quality translation of documents;
- Ensure accuracy of terms and terminology used in the documents
- Ensure translation is written with style, correct grammar and spelling
- Complete the work within the agreed timeline and submit the final translation in both soft and hard copy.
The work is expected to be undertaken in March 2020 and anticipated 10 working days. This includes time for consultation with the HR team. Therefore the translator is expected to share the first draft with CESVI HR 4 days before the deadline, CESVI HR shall share their comments with the translator for correction.
A high-quality translation without further editing will be delivered by assigned timeline.
CESVI HR Policies to be translated:
- Policy-to prevent Corruption-and-Fraud (18 pages)
- Code of Conduct (8 pages)
- Policy Whistleblowing (4 Pages)
- Protection from sexual exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy (8 pages)
Total of 38 pages
4.0 PAYMENT MODALITY
Payments will be made to the translator upon completion of the whole translation activity subject to technical quality approval by the Human Resources Coordinator.
5.0 REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES OF THE CONSULTANT
- Master’s degree in Linguistics, HRM, Public Administration or related areas
- 5 years of professional translation experience in the relevant area
- Demonstrated good understanding of technical terms
- Proven skills in translation and interpretation from and into English and vice versa
- Excellent communication skill in both English and Somali
- Strong analytical and writing skills with proven skills in policy translation
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills in word and data processing and presentation.