REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS**
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit a Consultant to conduct a Training of Community Education Committees Kismayu District, Lower Juba Region, Somalia.
Training Objective: The overall objective of the training is to transfer the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to the CECs, to facilitate the development of a sense of ownership of schools in their communities, as a way of ensuring the sustained improvement of those schools to realize quality education for community children and by extension, the society.
The training will be divided into three categories as outlined in the training manual: Community Participation in Education, Community Resource Mobilization and Cross-Cutting Issues.
Specific Deliverables: In reference to the scope of work above, the consultant is expected to lead and accomplish the following:
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
· Adapted sustainability plan templates for use by the CEC members. The plan should provide the CECs with the tools and guides to competently conduct sustainability planning for their respective schools. This template should be adapted from existing sustainability plans and include all materials such as hand-outs, power point slides, and exercise materials, properly labelled and summarized for ease of reference.
· Consultancy report including a training report that at minimum describes what has been done under the consultancy, provides lessons learned, and makes suggestions regarding next steps in engaging with the CECs during the remaining duration of ECHO EiE project and beyond.
· M&E plan and all M&E materials, including but not limited to pre- and post-testing tools, assessment tool to evaluate the quality of the trainings on CECs, beneficiary satisfaction, etc. The M&E materials should provide useful indicators as to how to adjust the training programme during subsequent implementing phases to improve the quality too, as well as allow for a rigorous overall assessment of the impact of the workshops and trainings.
The consultant would be responsible for facilitating two training workshops of five days each for a total of 10 days of training.
Qualifications of the consultant
· The ideal candidate would have at least as Master’s Degree in Education, Pedagogy, Social Sciences or a related field.
· Demonstrated experience in development of training curriculum
· Demonstrated experience in gender sensitive programming
· Demonstrated experience in training CEC’s or education sector practitioners.
· Previous experience working with a child centered approach
· Strong understanding of the Somali context
· Fluency in Somali and English language
For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website www.adrasom.org. Interested persons should send a technical and financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st 10th February 2020 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’