Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player for the post of Country Logistics and Administration Coordinator based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. The duration of this post is 12 months with the possibility of extension.
The Logistics and Administration Coordinator will be responsible to establish and manage overall logistics and administration in the country operation, including structures and staffing level. Responsible to ensure compliance to NRC standards and donor requirements. Responsible for procurement, fleet management, warehousing and asset/inventory management in NRC’s programme/project implementation.
NRC in Somalia
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions.
NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
- Ensure that the country set up for logistics complies with NRC Logistic handbook, policies and donor requirements
- Lead the logistics and administration management
- Undertake medium- and long-term planning vis-à-vis logistics requirements
- Capacity building and support of logistic and non-logistic staff with logistical responsibilities
- Conduct periodic compliance checks and implement quality control measures of country logistic functions
- Ensure proper donor compliance and internally reporting is accurately documented
- Ensure that NRC’s resources are utilized in most efficient and effective ways
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost-efficient focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC logistics and administration standards in all offices
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market-based programmes by participating in assessments and response analysis discussions.
- Implement effective procurement planning with the aim to establish a reliable, consistent and effective supply chain within the country programme
- Actively work with Area Offices and Specialists to standardise specifications and evaluation criteria across the operation
- Drive the identification and establishment of procurement categories that will benefit from the contracting of long-term/ framework agreements
- Provide the necessary monthly logistics reports including informed analysis of these for management decision-making
- Push the reduction of lead times in the procurement process while improving the quality of the procurement processes
- Responsible for ensuring continuous existence of and updated agreements with suppliers and identify areas of improvement Responsible for ensuring regular market surveys are undertaken in the country programme
- Ensure that NRC’s system for stores and warehouse management are in place for receiving and dispatching items
- Improve the accuracy and frequency of stock reporting
- Enforce routines to prevent the build-up of dead stock
- Conduct spot checks on storage points around the country
Asset & Inventory Management
- Ensure that NRC’s system for asset management are in place for tracking and maintaining items
- Implement a centralized asset registration mechanism for new assets and lead the clearing up of existing asset tracking lists
- Consolidate and standardize assets across the different categories and offices
- Establish routines and maintenance contracts to ensure that assets are correctly maintained in line with manufacturer instructions
- Implement mechanism for planning the replacement of assets and eventual disposal
- Ensure that NRC’s system for fleet management are in place for ensuring a safe and cost-effective fleet of vehicles
- Implement vehicle reporting and tracking platform to improve reporting and visibility
- Ensure that routines are in place for the induction and training of all drivers to ensure drivers are aware of their responsibilities and drive in a safe and economical manner
- Improve the availability and effectiveness of the existing fleet
- Ensure that NRC country office and guesthouse are managed/maintained to the NRC standards, and develop and or review standards for NRC services in such premises where required
- Ensure that the administration teams maintain good systems and practices in the management of flights, accommodation and events
- Ensure that the administration team at country office process the relevant applications to government offices to facilitate visas, registrations, imports, etc. in a timely and effective manner
- Lead the management meetings, workshops and other public events at the country office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically
- Able to work in a team, and motivate others
- Able to analyze information, prioritize and take decisions and responsibility
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Able to work well under pressure and frequent travel to field offices
- Keen to work in a busy environment, and take pride in working hard and achieving results
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and web-based database and use of email
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
Contract period: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Mogadishu, with frequent travel to field offices
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.