Eligibility criteriaMinimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of taskUnder the direct supervision of International Consultant for the development of the Country Programme Document (CPD) 2021-2025 UNDP Somalia, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following task:
- Facilitate Country Programme Development (CPD) stakeholder consultations and analysis of the findings, in collaboration with the drafting team
- Support the international consultant to identify programme priorities (2 to 3 pages) drawing on the Theory of Change, in support of UNDP’s contribution to the UNCF
- Support the international consultant in the preparation of the first draft of the CPD and related annexes ensuring alignment with the NDP9, the UNCF and UNDP strategic plan. The draft CPD will also draw on the outcomes of the problem analysis and the background documents gathered during the data collection and synthesis stage of the CPD preparation.
- Support the international consultant to prepare a first and second draft, pre-PAC, of the CPD Results and Resources Framework in line with the stipulated corporate guidance and template, ensuring alignment with the UNCF and the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Together with the international consultant, finalize the CPD and all cited annexes and attachments after consultation and validation with key stakeholders incorporating final comments from UNDP programme units, UNDP senior management and UNDP RBAS
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or above) in Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with experience in programme development in crisis/post-conflict settings and social research and analysis.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in social or development sectors; experience in programme development in crisis/post-conflict settings; experience in research and data analysis in socio-political and/or economic sectors.
- Prior experience in supporting or participating in a substantive role in drafting programme strategy, country programme document or strategic frameworks would be an asset.
- Experience in coordination of teams with various backgrounds and facilitation skills are required
- Proven ability to deliver quality output including reports writing, synthesis, analysis and condensing large volumes of materials into concise summaries;
- Advanced ICT skills including Microsoft Office PowerPoint, other software for data analysis, preparation of summary of key findings from consultation processes.
- Ability to work and deliver high quality results within tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with UNDP or UN operations will be advantageous.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Crisis and conflict prevention, mitigation, resolution and reconciliation, Other development programme/project experience, Political affairs and political reporting Driving license: No Competencies values:Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams
Application procedure:* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14-07-2020