REPORTS TO: HEALTH AND NUTRITION COORDINATOR
PLACE OF WORK: JALALAQSI
POSITIONS: ONE (1)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In OPD responsible for a schedule basis and following the standard Emergency flow Chart
- History taking and physical examination of obstetrical and gynaecological patients arriving at the health facility.
- If assessed as no emergency, refer to OPD for first line or second line/ANC consultation
- Manage any obstetrical and gynecological admission/emergency
- Ensure first aid care is performed properly
- Consult and identify patients requiring surgery, emergency intervention and/or resuscitation
- Contact the seniors for any problem encountered
- Evaluation of the specific needs in terms of human resources, material, drugs and report to health and nutrition Coordinator
- Identify training needs and develop and perform trainings for staff when necessary in collaboration with the health and nutrition Coordinator
Reproductive Health Component
- Follow up all complicated deliveries, intervene whenever necessary and identify those that need surgical intervention in collaboration with health and nutrition Coordinator.
- Do ward rounds in Maternity and in recovery room for obstetrical and gynaecological cases on a schedule basis. Clinical responsible for the management of of Gyn/Obs.
- Perform 2nd level gynaecological examination on a schedule basis.
- To follow the Gyn/Obs refreshment training developed by Mercy USA regional office.
- Do the round on a schedule basis with Clinical Officer and midwife on duty
- Prescribe treatment according to standard guidelines and protocols
- Supervise the dressing procedures during medical rounds
- Check on severely ill patients daily on a schedule basis
- Contact the health and nutrition Coordinator for any problem encountered
- Identify training needs and develop and perform trainings for staff when necessary in collaboration health and nutrition Coordinator.
Assessments of emergency preparedness:
- In the work of Mercy USA, flexibility is a requirement. This means the responsibilities of the Mercy USA team may go beyond the defined tasks and duties. Assessments of emergencies constitute such ‘extra-curricular’ activities that are required from the Mercy USA employee. These activities become necessary only in cases of disease outbreaks, nutritional crises, and mass casualties.
- In case of disease outbreaks and other emergencies in the region, participate in the investigation and intervention.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized University
- Is able to diagnose and treat the majority of the most common
- Gyn/obs pathologies and had knowledge of indications for surgery
- 3-5 years in similar position
Work related skills
- Strong experience in management of health and nutrition staff
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to lead and manage remote
- Ability to work in harsh conditions
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Able to set targets and meet own targets on a monthly basis and follow up targets of reporting colleagues
- Able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of local Language- Somali**
- English spoken and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relation skills
How to apply
About Mercy USA
Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on improving health, nutrition and access to safe water, as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com or Deliver hardcopy CV’s to our field office in Beledwayne
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply 4th May 2020.
What we stand for: – Mercy USA for Aid and Development is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all form of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response.
Mercy USA for Aid and Development does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or persons with disabilities