The Norwegian Refugee Council in Somalia is looking for an experienced project manger to lead NRC’s Durable Solutions (DS) programme and oversee the implementation of NRC’s Durable Solutions projects in Somalia. This is an all-round role, where the Durable Solutions Project Manager will manage and build capacity of the team; produce timely, high quality proposals and reports, represent NRC externally and maintain strategic partnerships with stakeholders.
This is an interesting and exciting opportunity to take the lead in one of NRC’s key strategic areas – Durable Solutions; in one of NRC’s largest Country Programmes in the East Africa & Yemen Region!
Duties and responsibilities
- Assume overall responsibility of coordinating and managing the DS programme implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide strategic leadership in Durable Solutions (DS) programming approaches and methodologies
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant authorities and other key DS stakeholders, strategic advocacy networks to advocate on durable solutions
- Develop and build the capacity of project staff and transfer key skills
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and Core Competence strategies
- identify funding opportunities and develop funding strategies
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
*A Job Description with full details of the role can be found on our website*
- Minimum first level university degree/bachelor’s degree in Human Rights Law, Development Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Significant work experience in INGOs in assisting IDPs, refugees and returnees with a focus on durable solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of the main protection and humanitarian standards and legal frameworks.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to work under pressure in a complex and changing environment.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in Somalia
- Experience with returns and reintegration programmes
- Documented results in project and program management
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Resilient, with the ability to live and work in a complex, insecure and challenging context.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing performance and development
- Strategic thinking
We can offer
- Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
- Travel: Frequent travel to field sites
- Contract Period: 12 months, with possible extension
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package
- An approved health clearance will be required before commencement of the contract.
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
To see a full Job Description and to apply, please visit www.nrc.no/careers
Females are highly encouraged to apply