Terms of reference for four FMS Early Childhood Education (ECCE) Officers
Jowhar (Hirshabelle State);
Kismayo (Jubbaland State);
Dhusamreeb (Galmudug State);
Baidoa (South West State).
Four positions (One position in each of the above states)
Reports to the relevant Federal Member State Director General and Director of schools.
One year (Renewable based on performance)
16 June 2020
In April 2020, the Global Partnership for Education has approved an additional Maximum Country Allocations (MCA) for the implementation of the Education Sector Strategic Plan of the Federal Government of Somalia. It is two year program commencing from June 1, 2020 to May 2023. The program has four key components including: Component 1: Increasing equitable access to and quality of early childhood care and education. Component 2: Increased equitable access to quality primary education for out-of-school children. Component 3: Enhanced quality of education and children’s learning outcomes. Component 4: Strengthening the education system at the federal member state level for improved service delivery.
Component 1 is one of the key components seeking to Increase equitable access to and quality of early childhood care and education services which has been one of the under-served sub-sector of the entire Education Sector Plan. In this respect, the program seeks to: (a) develop institutional structures at the state levels to better manage the sub-sector; (b) establish coordination mechanism between the Ministries of religious affairs and Ministries of Education; (c) increase awareness at the community level on the role of ECCEin children’s development increasing parents’ involvement and support for ECCE; (d) address quality of the subsector through the development of an integrated Quranic-ECCE curriculum and training of 50 Quranic teachers; (e) increase the availability of learning facilities through constructing 50 ECCE hubs within existing traditional Quranic schools;
As such, the four ECCE officers are intended to support the Ministries in the respective member states in the implementation of all activities under this component.
The officers will be tasked to do the following activities:
- Take the lead role in the implementation of the activities under component 1 as per the program implementation guidelines in their respective states.
- Take an active role in the implementation of the ECCE activities at their respective states.
- Support assessments, identification of ECCE centers and the subsequent construction of centers in their respective states.
- Support the designing and conducting community awareness/dialogue and social mobilization on ECCE.
- Support monitoring and supervision of ECCE services delivery through regular visits to assigned centres.
- Assist in the implementation of integrated curriculum for ECCE education services.
- Assist conducting training and capacity building for ECCE care givers.
- Ensure compliances related to ESPIG program activities at the field level.
Duration of the Assignment
The Assignment will be accomplished within 12 months.
Key requirements for this position include:
· Degree in education most preferable but other academic disciplines such as business, economics, public administration will also be considered.
· Experience in the local context specifically at the state level is a must.
· Two years’ experience in working in education programs most preferably with either government or international NGOs.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below by 16-June-2020: http://moe.gov.so/job_app**
· Late applications will not be considered.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.