Terms of reference for four FMS Education Officers (Examination)
Jowhar (Hirshabelle State);
Kismayo (Jubbaland State);
Dhusamreeb (Galmudug State);
Baidoa (South West State).
Four positions (One position in each of the above states)
Reports to the relevant Federal Member State Director General and Director of Examination.
One year. Renewable based on performance
16 June 2020
In April 2020, the Global Partnership for Education has approved an additional Maximum Country Allocations (MCA) for the implementation of the Education Sector Strategic Plan of the Federal Government of Somalia. It is two year program commencing from June 1, 2020 to May 2023. The program has four key components including: Component 1: Increasing equitable access to and quality of early childhood care and education. Component 2: Increased equitable access to quality primary education for out-of-school children. Component 3: Enhanced quality of education and children’s learning outcomes. Component 4: Strengthening the education system at the federal member state level for improved service delivery.
Component 4 is one of the key components seeking to strengthen the education system at the federal member state level for improved service delivery. In order to achieve this crucial target, the program seeks to support examinations for primary (Grade 8) at state level to improve learning outcomes in the four federal member states including South West, Jubbaland, Hirshabelle and Galmudug. As such, the four education officers are intended to support the Ministries in the respective member states in the implementation of all activities under this component.
The education officers will be tasked to do the following activities:
- Take the lead role in the implementation of the activities under component 4 as per the program implementation guidelines in their respective states.
- Take an active role in the implementation of the Grade 8 examinations at their respective states.
- Support the timely preparation of exam activities as per the approved plan.
- Prepare budget forecast and related paper works in advance.
- Support schools supervision and students registration activities for exams.
- Support the recruitment, training and supervision of exam supervisors and invigilators.
- Provide timely narrative and financial report for exam activities.
- Ensure compliances related to ESPIG program activities at the field level.
Duration of the Assignment
The Assignment will be accomplished within 12 months.
Key requirements for this position include:
· Degree in education most preferable but other academic disciplines such as business, economics, public administration will also be considered.
· Experience in the local context specifically at the state level is a must.
· Two years’ experience in working in education programs most preferably with either government or international NGOs.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below by 16-June-2020: http://moe.gov.so/job_app**
· Late applications will not be considered.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.