Education Project Assistant X 2 positions
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: The Education Assistant under the guidance of the Education Project Officer is responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the education project (including primary, secondary and teacher training and CECs)) in line with and agreed plan of action and budget, donor, SC and government policies, requirements and procedures. He/she will ensure efficient utilization of project resources for the intended purpose through effective planning and monitoring. The Education Intern shall ensure linkage among education and other thematic areas at field level.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Education (Bachelor degree in education is preferable), social development, economics or other related fields with additional training in education management and administration, EiE, planning monitoring and evaluation M&E and project planning and management techniques
- Knowledge of current national international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
- Recommended a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in education administration and management
- Relevant trainings in the area of education, project management and monitoring
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
- Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21haGRpLjg2OTQ2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…