Education Project Officer ( GPE-MCA ) –Adado /Dhusomareb Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Project officer- under the guidance of GPE- MCA project manager is responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) under the MCA program grants on a day to day basis in line with the agreed plan of action and budget, donor, SC and government policies, requirements and procedures. The project officer will provide technical support to implementing partners such including Ministry of education for Galmudug state . under the guidance of the MCA-program Manager the project officer will be supporting interventions in project target locations focusing on effective planning, reporting and implementation. He/she will ensure efficient utilization of project resources for the intended purpose through effective planning and monitoring. He or she will ensure the use of ap propriate, cost effective and innovative approaches especially in improving quality, equity, inclusiveness and performance of students. He or she will ensure synergy through collaboration and networking with other stakeholders implementing education programs. The project officer will ensure partnership with relevant partners including REOs and DEOs, CBOs, CECs, teachers and children. The project officer shall ensure linkage among education and other thematic areas at field level. He or she will play key role in representing SCI in relevant networks and forums and engage in advocacy and dialogue with relevant education stakeholders at state level.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: : [ Adaado Field Coordinator] Technically reports GPE-MCA program Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
Qualifications and Experience
* Diploma or Bachelor degree in education or a related field with additional training in education planning and management and project planning and management techniques
* Knowledge of current national international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
* Recommended a minimum of 3 three years of relevant experience in similar position in implementing developmental education project.
* Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
* Ability to write quality narrative donor reports
* Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
* Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali.
* Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Education and child safeguarding policies.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 24th July 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents