JOB ADVERTISEMENT (Enumerators)**
Enumerators for long-term engagement (1 Year)
Based in Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Baidoa, Kismayo, Bosaso, & Galkayo
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn and East Africa.
HIJRA is embarking on a programme to offer Third Party Monitoring Services in Somalia. HIJRA shall work across the Donor’s entire intervention portfolio in Somalia, with the aim of providing greater access to field locations, verification and validation of programme data, thereby enhancing the quality of data collected, and ensuring a higher frequency of data collection and project site visits. This will ultimately promote greater accountability, enhance risk management and improve learning insights for programme performance.
HIJRA is looking for a pool of enumerators who will be engaged from time to time whenever need arises throughout the year 2020. The approved enumerators will be on a standby roster for such engagements in their respective regions.
Enumerator Key Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the field enumerator are as follows:
· Attend enumerators’ training and strictly follow Third party monitoring protocols;
· Receive enumeration materials and equipment from the team leader
- Locate sample members
- Set interview dates with respondents
- Conduct interviews with respondents
- Record responses as instructed
- Compile FGD and KII into English summary
- Comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview
· Report any unusual situations to the team leader on a daily basis
· Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for
· Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the team leader
· Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected
Skills and competence
· Highly organized individual, punctual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively
· Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
· Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
Previous experience with survey-based work as an enumerator an advantage
How to apply
Qualified Candidates are requested to submit Curriculum Vitae including telephone and emails contacts of three referees
Applications, addressed to:
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Should be sent to: email@example.com the subject line should read
N/B Applicant should indicate preferred job location when sending the application. (Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Baidao, Kismayo, Bosaso, & Galkayo)
Applications must be submitted not later than close of business on 5th April, 2020 only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.