Title of the position: Field Coordinator
Duration of the contract: 9 months (renewable)
Expected Staring Date: 1st of March 2020
Place of deployment: 60% Bosaso, 40% Garowe, with frequent field trips
Name of the Project: Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations – FSSFS
CEFA – European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO that has worked in Somalia since 1993 transiting through, Humanitarian response interventions, livelihood support, Food Security, Infrastructure Development, Agriculture and Rural Development, during the last 30 years. In Somalia, CEFA has mainly worked in Puntland and in Middle & Lower Shabelle.
Brief about the project:
This project will contribute towards sustainably improve food security, nutrition, and livelihoods and build resilience among vulnerable households and their communities in Puntland. This goal will be achieved by increasing targeted households’ incomes through improved agricultural production and livestock productivity.
The project is divided into three main components:
Objectives and general characteristics of the position:
(S)he is responsible for the supervision of the implementation of all the activities related to the “Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations (FSSFS) in Puntland” project. The Field Coordinator is responsible for managing and planning the activities and for coordinating and ensuring the correct implementation of agricultural activities at the field level. (S)he coordinates and supervises the work of the Agricultural Field Staff and Officers in the direct implementation of the activities foreseen by the project, providing technical support to the Area Manager and contributing to the achievement of the program objectives and goals.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Support the Area Manager in planning and scheduling all the project’s activities;
· Support and coordinate CEFA field staff in Bari and Nugaal regions. In particular the Agricultural Team Leader and the Dates Palm Specialist in the implementation of all the related activities;
· Support planning and scheduling of training delivery;
· Coordinate the delivery of ToTs and training to the project beneficiaries;
· Continuous follow-up with Field officers on training and agricultural and irrigation activities;
· Field visits to monitor the implementation of project activities;
· Motivate and coordinate CEFA team in Puntland;
· Continuous coordination with Puntland Area Manager and the Regional Office in Nairobi for updates on the implementation of the project’s activities;
· Support the Area Manager and the Field Team in the preparation and timely submission of periodic reports
· Support the Area Manager and the Field Team in the periodic data collection in the field to inform the project’s indicators
· Assist the Area Manager in meeting with relevant stakeholders in the project area
· Represent CEFA with the local communities and the project beneficiaries, collecting challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations.
· Support CEFA Admin and Logistician in Puntland in the collection of administrative and supporting documents from the field.
· Any other activities that might be required.
· Degree in International Development, Business Administration or related fields;
· Past working experience (at least 5 years) in agricultural programs in humanitarian/development sector;
· Past working experience in Puntland
· Knowledge of Somali context;
· Knowledge of English and Somali;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Desired skills and experiences:
Reporting to: CEFA Area Manager in Puntland
To apply please send your CV and cover letter, along with three (3) referees to the following email address:
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted