W. Giertsen Energy Solutions (WGES) is looking for a well-qualified field engineer. WGES is part of the W. Giertsen Group, founded in Bergen, Norway, in 1875. WGES has provided solutions to the humanitarian and development sector for over 45 years with an expanded focus toward the commercial and industrial sectors. Our key products areas as solar energy solutions and solar energy products, with a focus on energy, cooling and water. We place a high value on product development though our technology lab in Germany. For more information about WGES, please check our website: https://www.giertsen.no/energysolutions/about
The field engineer will serve PV and hybrid systems other WGES special Renewable Energy products and systems.
Based in Mogadishu.
Geographic operational responsibility – all Somalia, inclusive Somaliland.
If requested on a case by case basis, other countries.
At least initially and based on local demand in Somalia, the engineer will for training purposes spend time with our team in Nairobi.
Our Senior Vice President in Europe.
Supported by our Germany Technical Office/lab, and our team in Nairobi.
- Site visits.
- Services and maintenance, as per contracts or at request.
- Trouble shooting.
- Energy Audits.
- Project installations, start-ups and commissioning.
- Proper project reporting and documentation, both for internal as well as external use.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in electrical engineering.
At least 5 years’ experience in field services; preferable in PV. Proven record.
- Excellent attention to details – and quality in work.
- Hands on and self-motivated. No hierarchy.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in all Somalia.
- Ability to coordinate with clients and the authorities concerned.
- Good language skills in English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good people skills and a solid team player.
- Experience in computer tools.
How to apply
Kindly direct your questions regarding the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit their CV, motivation letter and two references via our dedicated online system, which may be accessed at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/04c31ad75490492e8c8b0e6de9a6c255