Overview of position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM Shelter/NFI program currently implements projects focused at in-kind distributions as well as Cash Based Interventions. The program also maintains the common supply pipeline for cluster partners.
Under the overall supervision of the Shelter/NFI Program Manager and direct supervision of S-NFI, the successful candidate will be responsible in ensuring the timely provision of shelter and NFIs to conflict and disaster affected communities through in-kind and cash-based interventions. He or she will be the lead for shelter/NFI related field interventions and delivering IOM SNFI responses on the ground.
- Responsible for successful planning, coordination and implementation of project activities at field level including community outreach activities and SNFI in-kind and Cash based Interventions.
- Conduct community meetings to sensitize communities about shelter/NFI activities and beneficiary entitlements and conduct of Focus Group Discussions
- Lead the team in organizing and conducting needs assessments as per developed targeting criteria, beneficiary selection, market, feasibility and vendor assessments.
- Organize distributions as per the agreed modality of response in coordination with the operations officer Shelter/NFI and the Program Manager.
- Establish field level liaison with govt officials and counter parts, community members and local leadership, other operational partners
- Liaison closely with other units at field level for a synchronized implementation approach including Medical Health Unit, CCCM, DTM and WASH
- Support other units as required
- Ensure the beneficiary registration is according to beneficiary management system;
- Keep updated with changes on systems and adapt as needed;
- Ensure the required documentation is collected, consolidated and reported back as the established SOPs
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Operations Officer Shelter/NFI
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
To be advised