Overview of position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM Shelter/NFI program currently implements projects focused at in-kind distributions as well as Cash Based Interventions. The program also maintains the common supply pipeline for cluster partners.
Under the overall supervision of the Shelter/NFI Program Manager and direct supervision of S-NFI, the successful candidate will be responsible in ensuring the timely provision of shelter and NFIs to conflict and disaster affected communities through in-kind and cash-based interventions. He or she will be the lead for shelter/NFI related field interventions and delivering IOM SNFI responses on the ground.
· Responsible for successful planning, coordination and implementation of project activities at field level including community outreach activities and SNFI in-kind and Cash based Interventions.
· Conduct community meetings to sensitize communities about shelter/NFI activities and beneficiary entitlements and conduct of Focus Group Discussions
· Lead the team in organizing and conducting needs assessments as per developed targeting criteria, beneficiary selection, market, feasibility and vendor assessments.
· Organize distributions as per the agreed modality of response in coordination with the operations officer Shelter/NFI and the Program Manager.
· Establish field level liaison with govt officials and counter parts, community members and local leadership, other operational partners
· Liaison closely with other units at field level for a synchronized implementation approach including Medical Health Unit, CCCM, DTM and WASH
· Support other units as required
· Ensure the beneficiary registration is according to beneficiary management system;
· Keep updated with changes on systems and adapt as needed;
· Ensure the required documentation is collected, consolidated and reported back as the established SOPs
· Perform other tasks as assigned
Operations Officer Shelter/NFI
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
o Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
o Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
· Two years of relevant professional experience;
· Experience in Shelter/NFI preferably at field level, in emergency and conflict environments;
· Excellent Monitoring and Evaluation Skills; Managerial Skills; Organizational Skills; Accuracy; Ability to work with limited supervision;
· Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
· Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
· Works effectively with Donors, local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives;
· Has significant Shelter/NFI technical experience to guide and lead the Shelter/NFI project teams.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: