FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
About the Job
The Finance and Administration Manager is accountable for the integrity of financial/analytical accounting and for reporting from the sub delegation. He/she oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel within the sub delegation. He/she is in charge of the accounts of the sub-structure and supports in the preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecast, risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations.
This is a national/resident position based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures adherence to the administrative procedures and timelines
· Handles expenses, working advance and per diem files in line with the standard operating procedures
· Ensures that all the passive security measures are put in place and are functioning
· Participates in negotiations of lease contracts
· Handles all administrative correspondence and filing of administrative documents
· Supports the Human Resources function in recruitment, appraisal process, salary management, absences management, conflict management and staff exit process
· Ensures that the relevant accounting records are shared with the Nairobi office on a weekly basis
· Adheres to the monthly reporting timelines
· Maintains contact with external interlocutors within the area of responsibility
· Supervises, coaches and evaluates staff working in the Administration department
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or relevant qualification in a related field
· 4 years’ experience in a similar field of activity in a humanitarian environment
· Detail-oriented, highly organised and practices strict adherence to timelines
· Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
· Excellent negotiation, analytical, management skills and a problem-solving attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent command of the English and Somali language
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
· Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 3rd November 2019. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.*