Title: Finance Officer
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To assist the Finance Manager, Field Manager and Budget Holders and the National Finance & Grants Team in the operation of Save the Children computerised accounting systems including production of analytical reports
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications & Experience
* A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
* 3 years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO or with a busy working environment
* Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
* High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
* Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
The Application will close on 1st Jully,2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents