Terms of reference for Finance Officers
Jowhar (Hirshabelle State);
Kismayo (Jubbaland State);
Dhusamreeb (Galmudug State);
Baidoa (South West State).
Four position (One position in each of the above states)
Reports to the relevant Federal Member State Director General and Director of Finance.
One year (Renewable based on performance)
16 June 2020
The Finance Officer is based in Federal Member states and will work in close coordination with the GPE coordinator, and TA of admin and Finance, He/she will also work with other departments such as Procurement/logistics, Ministry Head of departments and Director General. She/he will ensure implementation of GPE sub grants Policy and sub-contracting procedure of the Ministry and donors Rules & Regulations for program, She/he will also support the Ministry finance staff in capacity building and strengthening and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations at regional state levels. The Finance Officer will directly report to the Director of Admin and Finance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Key activities to provide the following deliverables:
· Ensure that all payments made are related to GPE, are clearly documented and conforming to donor regulations
· Facilitate the budget development process;
· Facilitate cash flow projections and budget revision process;
· Ensure budget control procedures are applied on all the budgets which the ministry manages;
· Facilitate preparation of the internal source documents;
· Check the accuracy and validity of external source documents;
· Ensure source documents for a given payment request or invoice are complete, accurate and valid.
· Review and ensure all salary and benefits payments for contract staff and consultants are valid and supported by current contracts and clear procurement and HR policy is followed.
· Before making any payment, you must determine whether; the request is adequately supported by documentation and has been properly approved
· Ensure that bank reconciliation for GPE is done and statements are presented on a monthly basis for review
· Support the monthly closure of the financial transactions of the Ministry
· Support other functions within the department when required
· Prepare financial reports including budget monitoring reports and variance analysis;
· Ensure credit is not granted, to staff (in the form of salary or travel advances) or suppliers or contractors (in the form of advance payments), when previous credit problems exist.
· Assist in providing technical assistance to the Ministry and regional states in issues related to donor compliance, Budget Templates.
· Regularly prepare receivables’ statements and share with Director of Admin/Finance;
· Review and follow up of overdue accounts
· Ensure receivables are reviewed regularly and overdue accounts are followed up.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or his/her designate.
Duration of the Assignment
The Assignment will be accomplished within 12 months.
Key requirements for this position include:
· Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
· 5 years’ experience in busy Finance Management role
· Proficiency in MS excel and other computer applications
· Fluency in Somali and English languages.
· Must have willingness to travel and work in a challenging environment
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below by 16-June-2020: http://moe.gov.so/job_app**
· Late applications will not be considered.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.