DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager (FM), the Country Office Finance Specialist supports in reviewing expenses posted in DRC Dynamics, review budget/budget revisions and other duties as per the JD and is the lead focal point between the area office finance staff and Finance Manager. Finance Specialist also acts as “Technical Focal Points” to area office finance and program staff on Finance aspects.
Accounting / Finance
Budgeting and Reporting
Local Tax management
Experience, education and technical competencies
· University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration or four-five years DRC/DDG experience in Finance/Accounting work combined with Diploma/Technical certificate in Finance/Accounting.
· At least three-four year’s work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
· Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas).
· Experience in preparation of Donor reporting for Danida/SIDA/USAID/EU/UN donors will be an advantage.
· Ability to prepare basic training modules on accounting management and conduct on the job trainings.
· Ability to prepare donor budgets will be an advantage.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: December 2019
Duty station: Mogadishu
Reporting to: Finance Manager- Somalia/Land.
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of extension subject to availability of funding and performance.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 12th November, 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.