Overview of position
The consultant will be responsible for the support & implementation of COVID 19 response & preparedness related activities in the geographic area of concern.
- Oversee all standard accounting and reporting
- Provide leadership and management
- Meticulous at managing treasury, cash flow, debtors, creditors, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Banking relationships
- Comfortable communicating and meeting clients and customers; via email, phone and in person
- Capable of understanding multiple taxation laws, working with local accounting professionals to ensure local entity compliance
- Produce financial modelling, profitability reporting, cost cutting initiatives and other financial analysis.
This position reports to the Project Manager.
Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualification experience across multiple jurisdictions (preferably in Somalia) in a mid/large size international/humanitarian organisation
The candidate must have strong experience in electronic Accounting Systems, with strong skills in MS Excel and Word
Must be an excellent communicator who is comfortable engaging with the Projects’s multiple stakeholders such as but not limited to clients, partners, suppliers, contractors, employees, auditors, government institutions, banks and financial institutions, shareholders and investors
Must have a minimum of 3 years of demonstrable managerial experience with excellent people skills
Must have experience with transferring from old-new finance system integration and implementation
Comprehensive understanding of both Peachtree and Sage systems.
This role requires team coordination & supervision responsibilities.
- This is a future vacancy to support COVID 19 response
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply