CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
Strengthening Somalia Institutions for Public Works (SSIPWP) project is a key initiative in developing the capacity of the Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing, the State level Ministries and Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) to enable them independently plan, design, manage and oversee infrastructure and public works projects. Gender mainstreaming in infrastructure projects is one of the key objectives of the SSIPWP project. Improving the lives and opportunities for women and girls is an explicated goal for the project. The SSIPWP envisioned that women and girls must be considered as equal beneficiaries of the project activities. Often infrastructure projects assume that women will benefit equally as men without due acknowledgement of full range of social and economic conditions and needs between men and women.
SSIPWP is planning to conduct a workshop whose purpose is to raise awareness, promote women’s equality and develop guidelines for infrastructure project to take into account gender perspectives in project planning, design and implementations.
The SSIPWP project, thus, is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate the three-day Gender Mainstreaming workshop and develop a guidance document for gender considerations in infrastructure projects.
The specific objectives of the gender-mainstreaming workshop are:
- Undertaking an assessment on gender mainstreaming within the Federal Ministry of Public Works reconstruction and housing.
- Raising awareness and promoting gender issues in Infrastructure projects with the Federal MoPWRH
- Promote women and girls equality, participation and opportunities to benefit from infrastructure investments
- Building knowledge and capacity for gender integration in infrastructure development projects
- Reflect and share gender issues from the experience of the participants and the global priorities for gender mainstreaming in development projects
- Influencing national policies in taking account gender mainstreaming.
The gender-mainstreaming specialist will be reporting to the Head of Programme.
• Master’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline with a strong focus on gender and/or inter-sectional studies
• Bachelor’s degree in combination with an additional two years of relevant professional experience in Gender Programming, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development issues, or a related field may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
• A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
• Fluent in written and spoken in Somali and English
• Knowledge and experience in gender and issues facing women and men in participating and benefiting infrastructure projects
• Demonstrated high level experience in facilitating participatory workshops
• Demonstrated experience in gender-related guidance and action plan development in the development sector and infrastructure projects
Geographical experience: Required/not required.
• Knowledge and understand gender context in Somalia, relevant in infrastructure projects working with Somalia ministries.
This role does not require team management
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
In order to apply, kindly proceed by creating a candidate profile and applying on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…