SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title; GFSC Health Programme Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/003/2020
Duty Station; Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service, Grade G6**
Type of Appointment: Short term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 27 February, 2020**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the largest humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD) is implementing emergency health and nutrition projects across 12 regions of Somalia, in addition to health systems strengthening (HSS) programming and medical support for migrants and returnees.
IOM is committed to contributing to strengthening the health sector, in partnership with the government and other stakeholders. The Global Fund Steering Committee (GFSC) is the coordination mechanism for Somalia’s implementation of projects under the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF).
IOM hosts the GFSC Secretariat in Nairobi, providing all necessary support and coordination to enable the effective operation of the GFSC. In this context, IOM is seeking a qualified Programme Assistant to serve as the GFSC Secretary for over 100 partners in the Somali health sector.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Programme Manager, and overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission for IOM Somalia, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support GFSC in drafting of Concept Notes to GF:
a. Provide support to GFSC in organizing for country dialogue forums
b. Distribute draft concept notes to GFSC members.
c. Monitor GFSC provides timely responses to the GF clarifications on submitted concept notes.
d. Monitor GF clarifications on concept notes are replied to within the timeframes set by the GF.
- Document and archive all the Principal Recipient and Sub-recipient selection processes in a timely and quality manner.
- Perform all administrative tasks with regards to GFSC:
a. Manage the day-to-day work of the Secretariat and support the organization of the work of the GFSC and its committees.
b. Organize GF SC meetings, events and oversight visits.
c. Provide GFSC Secretariat progress update reports to the GFSC on a quarterly basis and prepare the GFSC annual report.
d. Oversee the preparation, dissemination and archiving of minutes of meetings of the GFSC and its committees.
e. With WHO, monitor budget and report on budget status to GFSC.
f. Provide administrative support for the GFSC membership renewal, election and appointment of Office Bearers and Committee members.
g. Assist the GFSC in organizing for elections for officers.
h. Assist in the regular/annual evaluation of GFSC performance per the Eligibility and Performance Self-Assessment.
i. Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the GFSC Convener.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communications:
a. Track implementation of the annual communication plan.
b. Assist in the development, updating, and maintenance of a public website that includes, among other items, framework documents, minutes, concept notes, and performance reports.
c. Maintain files of key GF policies, guidelines, and reports for ready availability of GFSC members, development partners and other key stakeholders.
- Address the conflict of interest (COI)
a. Assist GFSC leadership in the application of the COI policy during GFSC and other committee meetings.
b. Record COI complaints and alert the GFSC leadership accordingly.
- Provide logistical supports to GFSC:
a. Provide logistical, administrative and communication support to individuals and constituencies in their election and consultation processes.
b. Provide all necessary logistical support to organize GFSC meetings.
c. Liaise with travel agencies to organize travels for GFSC members to attend GFSC meetings and any other meeting related to GF activities
- Undertake duty travel when required.
- Conduct additional tasks that may be assigned by the Health Programme Coordinator and HSC.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma or university degree in public health, business administration, international development, and/or related field;
· A minimum of four years of experience in programme management, administrative support in public, private and civil society sectors (or six years for candidates holding high school diploma).
· Strong knowledge on international contractual issues, travel and logistics management, and budgeting and financial reporting;
· Good understanding on Somali health sector issues;
· Experience in working with the Somali health sector is an asset;
· Experience in working with international organizations such as GF, an asset; High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
Fluency in English and Somali is required (oral and written): Kiswahili will be an added advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 2**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: pproduces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org **
From 11.02.2020 to 27.02.2020