Action Against Hunger-Horn and Eastern Africa is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger Horn and Eastern Africa is an independent NGO, currently managing operations in Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices.
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by…
collaborating with the Program Development and Quality Coordinator and the Coordination Team to ensure regular oversight, monitoring, and support to the management of the country grant portfolio throughout the life-cycle of all grants, from early discussions with the donor and/or organisational partners, proposal preparation, to grant compliance checks, and reporting.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Ensuring timely and quality formulation and submission of Donors’ proposals, in accordance to the country strategic plan.
- Define the annual strategic plan in collaboration with the Program Development and Quality Coordinator and Program Director.
- Develop a road map for the annual proposals’ formulation and submission in accordance with the annual strategic plan.
- Working in close collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program/WASH/FSL/Nutrition and Health/MEAL/Log/Finance coordinators as well as AAH’ international technical advisors) to formulate concept note(s) as first stage of proposal submission to international and local donors.
- In coordination with the Program Development and Quality Coordinator and the coordination team develop quality proposals to be presented to international and local donors.
- Analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
- Supervising the Donors’ reporting formulation (monthly,quarterly, intermediate and final reports) led by the Reporting Officer. Ensure quality and compliance of the reports prior to their submission to Program Development and Quality Coordinator/ Program Director for final validation.
- coordinate any donor feedback/issue letter and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and re-submission.
- Keeping the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverable’s, sharing documents and ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Tracking the results, analyze the status and identify ways forward in collaboration with Program Development and Quality Coordinator/Coordination Team.
- You have a Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (international relations, Communications, political science, law)
- You have at least 3 years of experience in international development, humanitarian assistance or related sector
- You have as successful track record of capturing new funding opportunities.
- You have experience leading new project development efforts, including program design, proposal writing, client / partner relationship development.
- You have mastery of the Project Cycle Management and project management tools.
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports / proposals under deadline pressure.
- You are well‐organized, attentive to detail, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- You work well independently and in teams and have experience working in a multi‐cultural setting.
- You are familiar with budget development and can work well with finance personnel.
- You have experience working with international partners, such as ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, DFID.
- Your work style builds confidence with others.
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You have experience in living and working in insecure and volatile contexts and in shared accommodation
- Your are proficient in English; Somali is desired
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core competencies
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the link below: https://apply.workable.com/action-against-hunger/j/D318FF4A97/
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 31st March 2020.