Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African research and communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East-Africa. Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the international and national level.
About the roles
Farsight Africa Group is looking for an experienced graphic designer to join the Nairobi Office.
The scope of such services shall include but not limited to;
· Design, layout and format publications, and other printed and web-based communications materials taking into account Farsight Africa Group branding guidelines, and branding requirements of other donors/partners, as needed;
· Design and create illustration, art-work, maps, tables, charts and other graphic elements for communication and promotional materials;
· Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size or type;
· Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations;
· Advise Farsight Africa Group on best design options (for the given content), and propose multiple versions for their consideration;
· Incorporate comments and changes from the Farsight Team;
· Liaise closely with Communication Specialist on final layout;
· Ensure that the final output(s) for each communication product will be the final web-ready and/or print-ready version;
· Deliver creative graphic and technical solutions (including infographics if required) for print, electronic, web-based presentations.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
· Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Creative design.
· 3-4 years experience in Graphic/creative design.
· Knowledge of graphic design, layout and document development.
· Experience working with development and NGO’s agencies is an asset.