HEAD OF OFFICE – BAIDOA
About the Job
The Head of Office Baidoa assists and supports the Head of Sub Delegation in the management of the Sub Delegation, initiates activities focused on ICRC objectives and is in charge and accountable for the implementation and monitoring of Security, Administration and Logistics activities within Baidoa Sub Delegation. He/she ensures operational efficiency and adequate reporting on the programs within the region.
This is a national/resident position based in Baidoa, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contributes to the analysis of the humanitarian, political and security environment in order to identify humanitarian needs in the area of responsibility (AoR) and to the definition of the delegation’s operational strategies and objectives
- In coordination with the respective heads of department implements and monitors operational issues, programmes and activities under his/her responsibility
- Supports in implementation of sound and strategic decisions within the Sub Delegation
· Contributes to the promotion of a good internal communication among all departments, both technical and managerial, and to the consolidation of an ICRC multidisciplinary approach in the framework of the ICRC humanitarian action within the region
· Ensures adequate representation of the ICRC at various levels, interacting or coordinating with a number of stakeholders; Local authorities, Humanitarian actors, International community and Donors
· Contributes to the definition and implementation of the Sub Delegation security rules in line with the overall security framework established by the Delegation
- Supervises and follows-up all Administrative, HR and Financial matters of the office and ensures adherence to the relevant procedures
· Ensures timely and accurate internal reporting
· Leads the team within the region monitoring their performance end ensuring they are well equipped in terms of skills, knowledge and competencies
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Political Science or relevant qualification in a related field
· 8 years’ overall experience in a humanitarian environment with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
· Comprehensive knowledge of and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian activities, emergency relief and related protection programs
· Proven management, analytical and negotiation skills and a problem solving attitude
· Experience in leading a team and building strong relations with external contacts
· A strong sense of responsibility, commitment and work ethics
· Experience in project management and strategic planning
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment
· Excellent command of English and Somali languages
· Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
· Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 27th July 2020.** Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message. Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *firstname.lastname@example.org.**