The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until October 31, 2021. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Hargeisa, Somaliland.
As Head of Project – Consortium Coordination you will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of a consortium project in the areas of WASH, drought relief, COVID 19 and hunger relief, while ensuring an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office and donors. You will lead a project financed by the German Federal Foreign Office and will work closely together with our implementing partners Concern Worldwide, VSF Germany and Humanity & Inclusion.
- Leading the consortium and carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and Welthungerhilfe.
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, logistics, finance administration etc.).
- Responsibility for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget.
- Supporting the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensuring the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies together with the Area Manager.
- Representing the project in sector meetings and other forums and vis-a-vis government officials.
- Managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and Welthungerhilfe strategy.
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like International Development, Logistics, Nutrition etc.
- A minimum of 3 years previous professional experience managing complex multi sector projects in WASH and nutrition.
- At least 3 years of fieldwork experience, preferably in muslim countries.
- Experience working in consortia and with donor regulations of the German Federal Foreign Office.
- Strong communication skills and ability to cope in a multicultural working environment.
- Professional proficiency in English (verbal and written), German and/or Somali language skills will be an asset.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.*
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 7, 2020 by following this link. Your contact person is Rosemarie Rampp.