HEAD OF SUB-DELEGATION
About the Job
The Head of Sub-Delegation manages a Sub-Delegation and its operations in accordance with the strategies, objectives, programs and action plans defined by the Delegation.
This is a resident/national position based in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Implements and monitors programs and activities, in coordination with the Delegation, the Movement, other humanitarian actors and relevant stakeholders
· Facilitates the implementation of the Delegation’s operational priorities and strategies in the area covered by the Sub-Delegation, managing its staff and material resources in alignment with the ICRC human resources and financial management procedures and policies
· Develops and maintains a network of relevant interlocutors as representative of the ICRC to ensure access and acceptance, and to promote the ICRC’s mission
· Oversees periodic analysis of the operating environment and ensures that the ICRC’s role and operating model is in line with that environment
· Ensures that adequate risk analysis and internal controls are in place to ensure that resources are used in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
· Defines and implements the local security rules in line with the overall security framework established by the Delegation
· Liaises with relevant authorities and organizations in the Sub-Delegation on matters relating to security to enable smooth running of the operation
· Oversees the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under his/her supervision
· Provides regular reports, advisories and situational analysis for the region
Minimum Qualifications and Required Competencies
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Management or a related field of study
· At least 8 years professional working experience in humanitarian assistance with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
· Experience with Somali Red Crescent or other national society is an asset
· Experience in supervising and developing a multidisciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
· Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
· Demonstrated management and negotiation skills in a complex setting
· Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
· Proven leadership and team motivation skills
· Excellent knowledge of political, social, economic and cultural aspects in Somalia
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language
· Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits Framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your expected salary range. The closing date is 6th May 2020. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.*