CARE International is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. We currently work in over 93 countries with a focus on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty.
The Health and Nutrition Officer will oversee the day to day implementation of all aspects of emergency Health and nutrition activities including running of emergency Health and Nutrition sites (Mobile and fixed), community mobilization, needs assessments, program reporting and devise new interventions as deemed necessary. S/he will be required to provide Health and nutrition technical back stopping to CARE and partner staff through mentorship, technical support, capacity building initiatives to staff and the community at large. The incumbent will also be required to create seamless integration between the Health and nutrition component and other emergency projects for proper and efficient utilization of resources at the field office. S/he will be required to make regular monitoring efforts and periodic visits to all emergency nutrition project field sites on regular basis. The Health and Nutrition Officer will functionally report to the Humanitarian Programme Manager, Jubba land.
- Program management and implementation
· Represent CARE International in Somalia in all matters related to nutrition in the assigned program location while liaising with partners, donors, governments and NGOs at field
· Provide technical and managment support to integarted helatha nd nutrition projects carried out in Jubba land, Somalia.
· Identify needs and initioate startegies to address health and nutrition needs of communities in Project area and work with CARE and partner staff to develop a sustainable community based programs for addressing direct, underlying and basic causes of malnutrition and diseases morbidity.
· Create a seamless integartion of Health and nutrition Projects and linkage with WaSH, protection and Livelihoods.
· Provide technical support and guidance to Ministry of Health Staff supported by CARE and ensure Ministry of health and cluster guidelines are followed to provide critical helath and nutrition services to the community.
· Participate in establishing funding requirements for nutrition interventions and contribute to the development of proposals and concept notes for emergency response
· Enhance integration and mainstreaming of protection and do no harm to the beneficiaries in all helath and nutrition interventions.
· Integrate M&E systems to support beneficiaries accountability,donor reporting, performance metrics and organizational learning
- Program Design
· Work in close collaboration with the Health and Nutrition Technical Specialists to ensure that emergency Health and nutrition interventions build upon longer term programming
· Provide up to date Healtha and nutrition data and information necessary for development of high quality programs
· Asssit in design of innovative Health and Nutrition interventions in line with Puntlland state strategic priorities and humanitarian needs
· Develop routine joint supervision with Ministry of health to provide program support and quality control.
· Responsible for quality standards of reports from Partner and project field locations
· Initiate field health and nutrition reports in line with donor and CARE requirements
· Support in initiation and development of donor reports
- Representation and coordination
· Participate in all filed level health and nutrition cluster and technical working group coordination meetings
· Represent CARE in all inter agency assessments
· Contact person for Ministry of Health, Lower Jubba
- Capacity building
· Assess and identify CARE and Ministry of Health Staff capacity needs and develop training plan
· Organize and provide trainings to partner staff, Health workers and nutrition volunteers on Health and Nutrition identified capacity gaps.
· Provide in house capacity building to CARE program staff.
· Provide capacity building to CHWs, TBAs, Mother support group and other community resource persons and key health and nutrition interventions
Required qualifications and experiences
· Diploma in Public Health or other related fields from a recognised Institution
· At least 3 years progressive experience in managing programs in conflict situations
· Experience in setting up and running of Health and Nutrition programmes
· Experinec in carrying out needs assessment
· Experience in proposal development and donor reporting
· Experience and skills managing teams
· Experience organizing and facilitating training
· Excellent communication skills-written and spoken
· Fluency in English and Somali
· Strong interpretation skills, flexibility, adaptability and empathy
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org by referring the job title “ Health & Nutrition Program Officer as the subject line of the email, latest on Saturday, 20 June 2020.
all applications should be accompanied by a CV with a minimum of three traceable and recent references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses.