– Diploma / Degree in Nursing, Public Health & / or related field with Nursing & / or Medical Doctor registration / license.
– A minimum of 3 years of experience working in emergency & / or community development in an aid organisation in Somalia &/or with Somali migrants & mobile populations.
– Experience with an international organisation is an advantage.
– Good level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
– Experience in capacity building of health workers in clinical service provision.
– Ability to work independently with limited day to day operational support.
– Experience in effectively liaising with govt. & local authorities.
– Experience in project management & start up of new projects is an advantage.
– Experience in M&E of project performance is an advantage.
– Experience in humanitarian programs for migrants & IDPs is an advantage.
– Must be fluent in both English & Somali.
– Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
– Excellent communication skills both oral & written.
– Ability to prepare clear & concise reports.
– Strong strategic, analytical & creative thinking skills.
– Ability to cooperate & coordinate with other units, implementing partners, NGOs & govt. departments, particularly in Somalia.
– Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility & drive for results.
– Demonstrated gender awareness & gender sensitivity.
– Capacity to work effectively & harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
– Ability to work under difficult conditions & outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness.
– Follows all relevant procedures, processes & policies.
– Meets deadline, cost & quality requirements for outputs.
– Monitors own work to correct errors.
– Takes responsibility for meeting commitments & for any shortcomings.
– Identifies the immediate & peripheral clients of own work.
– Contributes to colleagues’ learning.
– Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills.
– Actively shares relevant information.
– Writes clearly & effectively, adapting wording & style to the intended audience.
– Listens effectively & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
– Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
– Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
– Persistent, calm & polite in the face of challenges & stress.
– Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
– Actively contributes to an effective, collegial & agreeable team environment.
– Contributes to & follows team objectives.
– Actively supports & implements final group decisions.