• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
• Strong strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units, implementing partners, NGOs and government departments, particularly in Somalia.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
• Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
• Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work under difficult conditions and outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies;
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs;
• Monitors own work to correct errors;
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings;
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
• Contributes to colleagues’ learning;
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
• Actively shares relevant information;
• Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities;
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment;
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
• Actively supports and implements final group decisions;
• A minimum of three years of experience working in emergency and/or community development in an aid organization in Somalia and/or with Somali migrants and mobile populations. Experience with an international organization is an advantage.
• Good level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience in capacity building of health workers in clinical service provision.
• Ability to work independently with limited day-to-day operational support
• Experience in effectively liaising with government and local authorities.
• Experience in project management and start-up of new projects is an advantage.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of project performance is an advantage
Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and IDPs is an advantage