Fixed Term | 6 Months | April 2023
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
You will be in charge of
The Project Manager, under operational guidance of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Technical Program Coordinator, is responsible for ensuring proper implementation of ACTED’s project. The Project Manager oversees field operations and ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. The Project Manager supervises the project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant internal departments and external partners and project stakeholders.
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team member.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least two years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Knowledge of the aid system and ability to understand donor and government systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Ability to work independently and creatively in the field and in capital
- Teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong ability to work in a cross-cultural context
- Ability to work under pressure
- Salary between 2450 and 2550€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: PM Multi/HOA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.