Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for an HR Coordinator to be based at our Somalia office in Mogadishu. This is a 3 month fixed term contract with $1200-1500 per month. You will be reporting to Country Director of Somalia.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, and Yemen). We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable HR Coordinator to join Human Appeal’s HR department in Somalia and provide a professional and efficient HR function at local Field Office level, covering all aspects from: project implementation, maintenance of in-house HR systems and personnell files/documentation, managing the recruitment cycle, employee relations and best practice in line with Human Appeal values, health and safety, legislation and audit requirements, in order to ensure delivery of Human Appeal’s HR strategy in Somalia.
Please note this is a local contract, for this role you must have the right to work in Somalia.
Key duties and responsibilities of our HR Coordinator:
• Recruitment: writing Job Profiles, posting adverts, headhunting and shortlisting candidates and conducting competency-based interviews
• Training: producing training materials and delivering training sessions to Field Office HR staff to ensure they are following HR policies and best practices set by Head Office
• Operational: providing a responsive support service, answering queries from Field Office HR staff in a timely manner to ensure issues can be resolved smoothly, supporting ER cases and day to day HR escalations. Case manage employee relations activity i.e. absence, grievance, disciplinary etc., from advising managers on the optimal approach, and supporting them through to a successful outcome. Additionally, governing and ensuring best practice and compliance to labour law.
• Transformational: Maintain own continuing professional development by keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments to ensure charity is compliant with changing legislation and responsive to social-economic requirements. Also deliver and continuously improve the HR functions alongside the UK HR team, and review and implement developments, continuously reviewing and improving manager and employee accessibility to policies and associated guidance.
• Reporting: provide payroll support by collating monthly Payroll updates, update** monthly HR reports for field office so that key metrics such as sickness absence, employee turnover or ER cases can be properly tracked and recommending resulting.
What we’re looking for in our HR Coordinator:
• Degree-educated ideally in Human Resources or Business Studies
• Proven track record of minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent, fluent communication skills in Somali are essential. Ability to communicate in English to at least an Intermediate level. Additional languages are a bonus
• Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Suite
• Passionate about saving lives, international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced HR Officer or Coordinator with an interest in International Aid and is looking for experience and making a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our HR Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
• We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
• We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
• We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
• We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
• We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
• We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
CLICK APPLY AND JOIN THE HUMAN APPEAL FAMILY TODAY
We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success, please apply TODAY!
You can apply through our Human Appeal website https://www.humanappeal.org.uk/jobs/
We look forward to hearing from you!