Qatar Charity (QC) is a leading Gulf-origin nongovernmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs. Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise and innovative solutions. QC has been maintaining active present in Somali since 2007 through its field office in Mogadishu. It has a portfolio of programs focusing on both humanitarian and development sectors. Qatar Charity Somalia Program seeks to recruit hygiene promoter in Beledweyn.
To be responsible for the day to day activities for Implementation of Emergency WASH project in a timely, accountable and quality manner. QC is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of Hygiene Promoter based in Baladweyn –Hiiran Region in Somalia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
· To share information and support community to engage in safe WASH practices including maintenance of facilities.
· Bring people together to decide on the actions they need to take in their community. Involve everyone, including the most vulnerable, children and people with disabilities.
· Provide supplies and distribute hygiene kits.
· Conduct periodic assessments and monitoring of activities
· Write, compile and disseminate technical and narratives reports of all project and send them timely to the PO.
· Provision of technical advice , guidance ,consultation and technical support to community mobilizers.
· Supervise the work of community mobilizer and give guidance and direction to achieve better results of their work.
· Support in the implementation of WASH activities and provide technical guidelines
· Participate and support need assessments and other interventions being conducted from time to time which are all geared towards hygiene promotion, water and sanitation activities among the communities for the purpose of promoting health.
· Facilitate and ensure that all hygiene components, elements and sanitation issues are understood and implemented among the communities/IDPs and the host communities.
· Support the planning of hygiene promotions activities.
Experience and Qualifications Required
Interested candidates shall send their application letter, CVs and all supporting documents including copy of passport to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 05/12/2019