Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for two (2) Somali nationals to fill the position of Hygiene Promoter. The position will be based in Garowe-Somalia. The incumbent will report to the WASH Officer.
The Hygiene promoter’s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1: Implement the hygiene promotion strategy:
- Organize sessions in the communities and at nutrition and health facilities to identify the deficiencies in terms of hygiene, sanitation and the use of water ;
- Organize/facilitate group awareness sessions on hygiene practices for men/women in community and other identified locations;
- Participate in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene with the supervisor;
- Participate in developing teaching tools adapted to various levels of the population: songs, role games, meetings, training, etc. ;
- Participate in evaluation/assessment Objectives;
- Participate in the organization and the distribution of kits.
Objective 2: Train and mobilize the community members:
- Liaise with the authorities, committees and other beneficiaries ;
- Identify the privileged partners within the communities: schools, hospitals, clinics, mosques, etc.;
- Apply the methodologies defined for the sensitizing sessions on hygiene promotion;
- Participate in elaborating a schedule of awareness raising activities;
- Provide training sessions to community volunteers and/or to targeted populations;
- Write a summary of the weekly activities ;
- Propose possible improvements.
Objective 3: Relay Action Against Hunger’s activities to the communities and partners:
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and to populations the activities and the objectives of the programs;
- Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor;
- Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs;
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program;
- Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Qualification in health, hygiene, teaching or community development
- At least 1 year experience in health, hygiene, teaching or community development
- Community mobilization
- Knowledge of hygiene and health practices and associated diseases
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Organizational capacity
- Diplomacy, tact; Persuasion skills
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with community members so as to create a sense of trust and respect
- Good knowledge of the intervention area
- Fluent in Somali language (spoken and written) and basic English
- Any other official duty that may be assigned by your supervisor from time in response
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 25th October 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line**. RE:** Hygiene Promoter- Garowe
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals