– Advanced University Degree in Medicine, Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 5 years of relevant professional experience OR University Degree in the above fields with 7 years of relevant professional experience.
– Operational & field experience in outbreak preparedness & response, in public health, epidemiology & RCCE interventions in humanitarian context.
– Programmatic field experience in migration, refugee & displaced persons’ health related issues, program development, including experience in evaluating health programs & protocols.
– RCCE, including planning, implementation & analysis of technical RCCE interventions.
– Familiar with communicable disease response activities, the health sector in the region & / or other similar resources limited contexts is an advantage.
– Knowledge of structures & functions of the national health systems Africa.
– Knowledge / Experience the Somalia context is an added advantage.
– Previous experience in international organisation is an advantage.
– Fluency in English is required (oral & written) & working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
– Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioural indicators:
– Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
– Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Managerial competencies – behavioural indicators:
– Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organisation’s vision, assists others to realise & develop their potential.
– Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
– Works strategically to realise the organisation’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.