Overview of position
The consultants will be responsible for the support & implementation of COVID 19 response & preparedness related activities in the geographic area of concern.
- Developing infection control country / region specific policies, practical guidance & technical brief for the missions & projects taking in consideration the local specificity.
- Develop strategies to improve infection control practices in all health facilities.
- Conduct in depth assessments & analysis of the current situation in terms of administrative, environmental & personal protective measures needed.
- Support the introduction of infection control committees in health facilities.
- Put in place a followup & monitoring scheme of the IC measures in liaison with IC committees & IC Officers of relevant field missions.
- Actively participate in discussions, the conception & in the design process of all construction & rehabilitation of facilities located in projects in particular with regard to improving natural ventilation.
- Propose / facilitate regional training’s & joint field visits with IC Officers in different countries.
- Participate in internal & external IC network (e.g. consulting engineers on bio safety measures, constructors on planned modifications, etc).
This position reports to the Project Manager.
- University Degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Operational & field experience in outbreak preparedness & response, in public health, epidemiology & risk communication interventions.
- Knowledge of Infection, Prevention & Control (IPC) measures for outbreak response & preparedness.
- Operational & field experience in migration, refugee & displaced persons’ health related issues, program development, including experience in evaluating health programs & protocols.
- Knowledge of structures & functions of national & international health agencies, donors & organisations.
- Familiarity with the health sector in the African region, with Somalia experience an advantage.
This role requires team coordination & supervision responsibilities.
- This is a future vacancy to support the pandemic outbreak.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.