To support program implementation, IDLO seeks Somali-English/English-Somali interpreters to provide general interpretation services to IDLO Somalia Country Office on an ad hoc basis. Recruited interpreters will be contracted on a year-long Single Engagement Agreement with IDLO, under the following deliverables and remuneration terms:
- Interpreter will be expected to deliver the following:
- Providing interpreting services from English to Somali and vice versa at the meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars organized by IDLO. The interpreter will work under the guidance of IDLO requesting Program Manager.
- Must use standard, clear and accurate language when interpreting
- Assistance on ad hoc interpretation queries as and when needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Professional fluency in English and Somali;
- 3+ years of experiences as a professional English-Somali & Somali-English interpreter preferably with an International Organization.
- Provide points of contact information for three references for whom interpretation has been done.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse team and environment
Interpretation shall be paid according to the following rate schedule:
- USD 200 per day for each day of facilitation/interpretation conducted if the service is needed for one or two-day events/meetings;
- USD 150 per day for each day of facilitation/interpretation conducted if the service is needed for events of a minimum of three days.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for testing.