WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Date of Issue: 9th November 2022 Closing Date: 22nd November 2022
Why Join WFP?
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff
- Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology; support both hardware and software, LAN/WAN networking by deploying and assigning registration kits and POS devices, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and configuring, as well as technical support to WFP staffs, partners and retailers
- Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
- Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, and archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- Support on last mile technical issues related to registration, POS device management, transactions troubleshooting, card transaction monitoring.
- Provide IT support as required by the CPs staffs in registration and transfer exercise.
- Provide updates on supporting the SCOPE process from registration to card distribution on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the follow up of SCOPE issues arising from enrolments and payments.
- Assist on training CP’s on how to extract reports on beneficiary data, trends and any best practices or lessons learnt are shared.
- Support Cooperating Partners in the implementation of Real Time Biometric Identification (RTBI) during beneficiaries’ registration
- Support in ensuring SCOPE data files, equipment’s, inventory of items are properly handled, accounted and safely kept.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, IT Solutions Telecommunications, Information Management, Operating systems Administration, Data Management, or related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years’ minimum experience in resolving level 1 IT issues and knowledge in beneficiary management.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somalia language is a requirement
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrate awareness of overall IT management structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Demonstrate working understanding of existing hardware, software, servers and network management to resolve users’ routine problems using WFP’s established processes and tools.
- Understand and follow the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Understand technical aspects of the job and apply them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.
Terms and Conditions:
One (1) Year (Initial)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.